Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roses - What are people ordering this year?

+2
The Estate
siri
6 posters

Go down

Roses - What are people ordering this year? Empty Roses - What are people ordering this year?

Post  siri Mon May 05, 2008 7:42 am

Lovely - a forum about roses. So here I am standing here, not knowing which way to turn - LOL The room is empty - let's fill it with roses What a Face
What are people ordering this year? Where from?
I'll start - I have put in a biggish order with Treloars, including 5 patio standards of Busy Bee, 10 europeana, 10 regensberg, some modern shrub roses - Lady Phelia, Mme. Paule Massad, Martine Guilot, Kookaburra, & Marie-Luise Marjan, and a few ground covers to fill bare spots.
I have asked them for my extras to be all gelber Engels - another one I can't have too many of. Don't know if they will oblige.
Cheers, Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Roses - What are people ordering this year? Empty Re: Roses - What are people ordering this year?

Post  The Estate Mon May 05, 2008 7:49 am

total 0f 20 ordered plus 3 free ones cheers , already have me 2 new totems and another 4 to come from Wallara roses as well Suspect now where to plant them, a few moudly ones are being binned this year, poor performers ect....
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Roses - What are people ordering this year? Empty Re: Roses - What are people ordering this year?

Post  Fran Mon May 05, 2008 9:57 am

Celine Forestier - tea noisette
Excellenz von Schubert - polyantha
Anna Maria de Montravel - china/poly cross I think
Mrs. B R Cant - tea
Leander & Prospero - DAs

All I'm allowed this year as I can't dig and DH isn't prepared to dig more holes than that - what with all the other extra duties LOL

And I have a list for my mother's garden to run past my sister - she will have to provide manpower so there's a limit on it too Crying or Very sad
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Mon May 05, 2008 12:29 pm

I was going to get some more Delbard Roses for the front of the house - if you look at the pics of the wall one is still blooming profusely! But the wall means I can't get around to making the bed for them. So, I'll just fill in a couple of gaps with :
Jude the Obscure
Abraham Darby
La Luna
The Children's Rose
Papa Meilland
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Mon May 05, 2008 1:53 pm

Everyone should have a childrens rose cherry
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  TasV Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:06 pm

Hmmmm,

'Paul Cezzane', 'Nahema', 2 x R. banksia lutea, 'Anemone', 'Cherokee Rose', 'Henri Martin' (old moss), 'Mutabilis', 'Papageno', 'Wild Rover', 'Heritage', hmmm. a few others too that I can't remember off the top of my head. Rolling Eyes

Getting some of my old roses sent down to me too from the NSW Central Coast (to Tas). So will be getting my old 'Eliza' and 'Red Cascade' back as well as the first seedling I ever grew... and open pollinated seed from 'Black Velvet'.. been growing on its own roots now for the pst 7 years at my Grandmothers house in a pot Smile

Linda, if you are looking for a good Delbard to try 'Red Intuition' is hard to go past. I was so impressed with it last year. First year in the ground and it reached up to 3ft tall and wide with the most amazing red flowers that easilylast as long as Kardinal does on the bush on long strong stems perfect for cutting. Not much scent unfortunately but an amazingly beautiful garden rose.

TasV

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:21 pm

Don't tempt me! Actually I'm on the look out for a long flowering tough as old boots rose that I can train up a treillis which is a windbreak. We removed several pine trees because they were just too feral for words, but now we cop a bit more wind than ever. Bob's put some trellis on top of the fence ( other side is part of the Wynyard walking track), so I thought it would be nice to train a rose there for the walkers but it will catch the wind from the west. Any recommendations? There was a gorgeous rose on a house in Wynyard, as you drove into the supermarket carpark. It started yellow then faded to apricot and finally almost red. It was huge and somebody bought to house when the old man died and cut it down. I'd love to know what it was because it copped the weather without a whisper of complaint. Must have been 4 metres high and little support.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TasV Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:18 pm

hmmm - yellow to red... wasn't mutabilis was it? Was the flower single or double?

TasV

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose_Bud Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:53 am

As most would know this is the first year I have been able to get a garden going. I would like to think that I get my love of roses from my grandmother as she just adored cut roses of any kind. So far I have planted
Gold Bunny
Blue Moon x 3
Lili Marlene
Apricot Nectar - bush rose
Double Delight
Florabunda Imp - red & white standard
Delbard Roses
1a) Sister Emmanuelle
1b) France Libre
1c) Sorbet Fromboise
Fragrant Plum
Jacqueminot
Isacc Perier
Cassandre
Mr Lincoln x 2
Amoretto
Admiral Rodney
Shocking Blue x 2
Papa Meilland x 2
Apricot Nectar x 2 standards
The Childrens Rose
This is all that is in the garden I have more cuttings coming along in the greenhouse they are looking good so far I guess only time will tell.

Rose_Bud

http://www.jandenrene.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:38 am

wow you have a great collection going on there cheers
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose_Bud Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:30 pm

I think I may have lost the 2 Mr Lincolns due to a late frost when they were just starting to get leaves I have my fingers crossed that they will pull through & make the grade. Between my cousin I& I we have nearly enough cuttings to start a nursery. I still have more rose cuttings in the greenhouse. affraid

Rose_Bud

http://www.jandenrene.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down