Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Persimmon Tree

+2
Lucky1
Stecranat
6 posters

Go down

The Persimmon Tree Empty The Persimmon Tree

Post  Stecranat Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:23 am

Currently reading "The Persimmon Tree" (Bryce Courtney) it was a birthday gift...totally different to anything that I have read by this author...still undecided about it but I guess its only early days..... will keep on reading...loved reading his book .."The Power Of One" Smile ...does anyone else have good books that they can recommend?
Stecranat
Stecranat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

The Persimmon Tree Empty Re: The Persimmon Tree

Post  Lucky1 Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:12 am

The only movie I really enjoy of his books was "The Power Of One"... just such a powerful movie. Not a big fan of his books, though I do so love to watch on TV his interviews. He seems so nice.
Lucky1
Lucky1
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://luckysduckfarm.blogspot.com/  http://myknittingbox.blogsp

Back to top Go down

Post  Stecranat Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:15 am

I am only just starting to get into the book ..but he describes it as his first attempt at writing a love story...I'm not in to Mills & Boon so am interested to see how this story develops...I will let you know.
Stecranat
Stecranat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Belladonna Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:41 pm

I love his book Jessica.
I like Monica McInnerny books , Maeve Binchy is good too.Actually I am a huge bookworm and have a large library.
Belladonna
Belladonna
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Stecranat Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:09 pm

Regards The Persimmon Tree...I personally would give it 7/10...it was a book that I could put down & not bother coming back to for a few days...thats why I give it a 7 ...storyline was good & yes if your want an inetresting but NOT rivetting read than I would suggest you read it...like you Belladonna I have loads of books..in fact just lately I have starting giving them away...must have something to do with the fact that my bookcase is full to overflowing...there are some though that I will always keep!
Stecranat
Stecranat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:49 pm

Does it have any pics tongue Sorry not a reader here, neither the patience or the time , because I dont make time I guess, always too busy outside playing in the garden lol!
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Fri May 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Hmm - thought I posted a reply this morning, but I mustn't have sent it geek
I reread "The Time Travellers Wife" this year. 9/10 - highly recommended. It has to be good for me to want to re-read it. They are making a film of it at present, but I doubt it could possibly do justice to the book.
I also enjoyed rereading Dandelion Soup. A light read suitable for my Mum :-)
I'm currently reading the second in the Mary Stewart King Arthur set. Book 2 is "The Hollow Hills". This set of 4 has travelled back and forth between my elder daughter and myself for so long now, we both forgot who owns them. I think this is my third read. Maybe this is just my year for re-reading favourites? I have put "The Hollow Hills" somewhere safe, and can't find it at present, so I have been nose deep in garden books, planning for winter planting.
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Fri May 02, 2008 1:50 pm

I have a few very old Anne of Green Gables books and I just love them cherry
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Fri May 02, 2008 7:13 pm

I just gave my Granddaughter Ann of Green Gables - it was my Mum's favourite book ( she was an adopted red-head too!) I quite liked it, but as a kid I preferred Jack London's Call of the Wild - both my girls enjoyed Ann and Carmen is loving the book. So 4th generation reading it!

I'm just getting started on Jodie Picoult's Change of Heart. Have three library books to either read, renew or take back too. I'm a read in bed reader and tend to only manage a few pages at a time.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down