Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physalis peruviana L (Giant Cape Gooseberry)

3 posters

Go down

Physalis peruviana L (Giant Cape Gooseberry) Empty Physalis peruviana L (Giant Cape Gooseberry)

Post  Guest Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:56 am

http://www.durgan.org/ShortURL/?MRTNV 19 September 2008 Physalis peruviana L (Giant Cape Gooseberry)
A liter of fruit was picked today. There are many unripe fruit on the bush, probably slow ripening due to relatively cool Fall weather. The berry is about the size of a large bing cherry, and has a pleasant flavour. The bush is about three feet in height and same in diameter. The berries are easy to pick since they stay on the bush and don't fall when ripe.

http://www.durgan.org/ShortURL/?DXSRN Summary: Growing experience Physalis peruviana L (Giant Cape Gooseberry).

Back to top Go down

Physalis peruviana L (Giant Cape Gooseberry) Empty Re: Physalis peruviana L (Giant Cape Gooseberry)

Post  Raymondo Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:11 pm

Nice haul Durgan. I grew several Physalis species last eyar but didn't care for the flavour of most. Aunt Molly's is one I would regrow. I don't think I've grown the one in your post.

Raymondo
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Physalis peruviana L (Giant Cape Gooseberry) Empty Re: Physalis peruviana L (Giant Cape Gooseberry)

Post  Mad Gnome Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:56 am

What are you going to do with your Giant Cape Gooseberry? Any exciting recipes? Or just munch them as they are? Smile

Mad Gnome
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://madgnomes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:33 am

Mad Gnome wrote:What are you going to do with your Giant Cape Gooseberry? Any exciting recipes? Or just munch them as they are? Smile

Production this year was not sufficient to look for uses, and my ripening season is almost over. I simply keep them around and munch periodically, Actually a few berries are quite filling. I will grow more plants next year and hope the weather is more accommodating.

Back to top Go down

Post  Templeton Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:01 am

Just potted on my seedlings yesterday. Aunt mollies var., luckily.
I reckon they are best just lightly stewed with a little sugar.
T

Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:53 am

Templeton wrote:Just potted on my seedlings yesterday. Aunt mollies var., luckily.
I reckon they are best just lightly stewed with a little sugar.
T
I agree. It is hard to not empty the pot once one gets started.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down