Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

marigolds on the moon - for Blossom

3 posters

Go down

marigolds on the moon - for Blossom Empty marigolds on the moon - for Blossom

Post  Fran Tue May 13, 2008 4:58 am

Thought you would enjoy this Blossom Smile

Working with the European Space Agency (ESA), the researchers have demonstrated that marigolds can be grown in crushed rock, without earth soil or its nutrients - similar to the moon's surface.

http://inventorspot.com/articles/marigolds_grow_moon_2015_12846

So I wonder what the man in the moon will think of his new garden Very Happy
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

marigolds on the moon - for Blossom Empty Re: marigolds on the moon - for Blossom

Post  Blossom Wed May 14, 2008 5:44 pm

Sorry, missed this post until now. Marigolds are pretty resiliant and need veyr little to grow. I have English marigolds all over the garden, self sown and popping up in cracks, paths and crevices. I guess the Man in the Moon will be please because Marigolds are traditionally used to colour cheese and we all know the moon is made of cheese!
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

marigolds on the moon - for Blossom Empty Re: marigolds on the moon - for Blossom

Post  The Estate Thu May 15, 2008 5:49 am

I dug a few seed pods into the veggie patch a few weeks ago, I hope they shoot Suspect
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Thu May 15, 2008 6:28 am

I was interested that they chose marigolds - know they're easy and self seed but so do other plants. Didn't know they were used to colour cheese - learn something every day Very Happy I suppose they added a peppery taste too.

Thee they will come up everywhere Very Happy
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Thu May 15, 2008 6:44 am

I hope so and I want to divvy them and make a border around the veggie patch I love you
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Thu May 15, 2008 8:11 am

Ahhh- that's the plan is it.

I've collected seed from a few flowers and chucked them about the vegie gardens willy nilly - came up everywhere - don't know if useful as a pest deterrent - have to say not in my experience but they pretty things up a bit Smile
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Thu May 15, 2008 9:33 am

Well I heard they are okies for that, so time will tell I guess Rolling Eyes
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Fri May 16, 2008 6:18 am

They do attract hoverflies I've noticed and hoverflies like aphids - so all good - pays to mix it up a bit - I like flowers and herbs in with the vegies sunny
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down