Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a weekend!

5 posters

Go down

What a weekend! Empty What a weekend!

Post  syrah Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:16 am

I have had an "exciting" weekend.

We turn up on our block of land on Saturday afternoon and find that the Nature Reserve owned by Department of Land and Water has had a logging road put through it.

We got to talk to the guy doing this and said that he had a leasehold agreement to put in a road to his property. I found this interesting because the reserve was originally part of the parcel I know own and was annexed for historical and environment purposes. The land in question also has a large creek that is environmentally protected. The guy has no permit to build the road and no permit to pull down the 20 or so habitat trees. I find out today he has done this before, built a road etc before getting permits and once it is there then it's too bad and he has never been fined.

However, I think he has gone too far this time, because the land is owned by the Department that is "supposed" to conserve flora and fauna. I will be pushing with all parties that this land had white goshawk and tasmanian devils that used it as habitat and now they have no access to the creek from south because of the 2m embankments that have been put in place.

At the moment my life is like a game of chess and an episode of Hollowmen. Let the fun roll on. All local and state authorities have been notified. If nothing satifactory is done, then I will escalate higher. I really dont think this guy knew who he was dealing with. He probably thought that I was some silly woman mainlander, that had no idea about anything. He was quite put back when I said that the land was zoned environental and there needs to be.

I just got a call from the council saying there will be people going down there today from both the council and state government, but the major damage has been done, hopefully not much more.

syrah
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

What a weekend! Empty Re: What a weekend!

Post  Blossom Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:10 pm

Good on yer Helen. Are you under Kingborough Council ? Hopefully he can be stopped and made to restore the land by reseeding it. Keep us updated - where is Peg Putt when you need her!
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  guzzigirl Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:25 pm

sounds like a case of easier to do first and say sorry after than to get permission in the first place...

hope he gets fined this time.
guzzigirl
guzzigirl
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:16 pm

How dare he - needs the book thrown at him - good luck Syrah - keep us posted.
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Gnome Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:59 am

Well done! Don't let them bully you! Keep at them. All the best! Twisted Evil

Mad Gnome
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://madgnomes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  syrah Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:17 am

Well he has done this before.

There was a radiologist who went to WA to do some work, while she was away he bulldozed 17 acres of her property. When it went to court he was quite abusive to her and said that she didnt know how to look after the land and that he should own it. He had told everyone that he owned the land.

He is saying that now. He has only put in a development application and no permits have been issued. That is what I was angry about, as the owner of the adjacent property I should of been notified and been able to put my views across.

Yesterday, after much research I found the paper that the State Department had issued about Crown Land that was going to be transferred to the local councils. It stated that Tramway Reserve was worthless as a Reserve. I have read the contrary and should be used as a road reserve. It is quite significant to the land and wildlife around as it boarders Oyster Cove Creek. The Reserve was supposed to be offered for sale to the landowners adjacent to the property. I didnt get such a letter, as I would of bought the Reserve, because it was originally part of my block and that it would preserved as a wildlife corridor, between my block and the creek. I was going to donate the forested bit of land to the Forests for Nature program. Now the road has made it not worth while.

syrah
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:17 pm

Syrah, make very loud noises - make sure you have all your facts - apply to your local MP - everyone. Don't let him get it away with it.
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

What a weekend! Empty A small win

Post  syrah Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:27 am

The bulldozing has been stopped for the moment. Looks like the council and the state government need to have a discussion.

Thanks for your support and advice

syrah
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:51 am

Helen, just wondering if there's been any resolution to this yet? I know Kingborough Council are notoriously slow but I'm hoping you have some decision by now?
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  syrah Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:10 pm

Hello Blossom

All is quiet. When I call I get that I'm a nuisance tone.

Crown Land and DPIW are also at loggerheads. Crown Land was not aware of the proposal and DPIW were the ones to say the land was not valuable, but no surveys done! I think there is something shonky going on, As the people involved have now gone on holiday. I will call again after the school holidays are over and see what is happening.

H

syrah
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:08 pm

Bummer. Why am I not surprised that something shonky is going on. Keep plugging away, or get the media involved if necessary.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down