Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iris in the Cosmic Garden

3 posters

Go down

Iris in the Cosmic Garden Empty Iris in the Cosmic Garden

Post  Blossom Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:37 am

Here are the first two to flower. The pink one is called Magenta Rose I think but don't quote me and is just delightful but does spoil when it rains. I think the other is called Dragon Drum. Lots of buds on the other now but I have to get the front garden weeded so they show well when the rose flower. Siri, if I put Sudden Impact round my roses is it going to affect the Iris in a negative way? It is powerful stuff, I'm concerned there might be too much of something in it.
Iris in the Cosmic Garden Th_Iris1900x675

Iris in the Cosmic Garden Th_iris2900x675
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Iris in the Cosmic Garden Empty Re: Iris in the Cosmic Garden

Post  siri Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:48 am

The dwarf iris is a cutie. I'm very fond of the little ones. Yours isn't magenta rose. That name belongs to a tall bearded iris with different pattern markings. It's common enough to buy irises that have mistakenly or otherwise acquired different names. Just give ita garden name, and if you share it, share it un-named. It doesn't detract from the cuteness of the iris - LOL
Dragon Drums looks like the real deal to me :-)
Sudden Impact? Not sure. I have a bucket of it, so I will check later today. (when it's daylight)
Can you please tell me when these two first opened? I'm curious to know what your season is down there. I think you are probably even later than here, and I'm about 3 weeks behind Melbourne, Bendigo, and Tempo Two down the peninsula.
Cheers, Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:16 am

Thanks Jan - Dragon Drum is a spectacular one isn't it? These were just opening when we got back from holiday but were dormant when we left so I'd say they opened 1st or 2nd week of October. I have several others just with buds so my season goes through October to November I'd say. I will keep a note because I think I have a couple of autumn flowering ones.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:29 am

I have a few Iris in my front beds and I put SI down and no probs Suspect
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:26 am

Ah thanks Thee - I gave the roses a small feed yesterday because we had a nice shower and will feed them again in two weeks time. The irises tend to get the spill over because they are planted in the same bed.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down