Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to Work!

+4
The Estate
Mad Gnome
lorraine
Blossom
8 posters

Go down

Back to Work! Empty Back to Work!

Post  Blossom Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:41 pm

Hi folks, after a disastrous couple of weeks which involved a tyre blow out on the caravan as well as needing four new tyres on the car. This meant sitting around in Warnambool waiting for tyres to arrive from other places, but we finally made it to Melbourne on Friday, three days late, one day with my friend Barb then on the boat Sunday. Glad to be home but isn't it amazing how weeds will grow at an amazing rate while not watched. We'll whipper-snipper tomorrow then we can see what we have left of the garden - I did pick a nice lot of peas though. Most of the tomato seeds germinated but I'm not going away again. Rolling Eyes
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Back to Work! Empty Re: Back to Work!

Post  lorraine Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:39 am

hi blossom
sorry about your bad luck but have followed your blog and seems like the rest of the trip went well ,nice to go away but really nice to get home again
yeah weeds wait for no one am sure ours waited till we went on hols then chucked a party and grew like mad

but welcome home
lorraine
lorraine
lorraine
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Gnome Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:34 am

Welcome back! Hope you'll find some treasures under the weeds. You don't have to go away to have the weeds take over your garden. We can't keep up the mowing, weeding, whippersnipping at the moment either. It's a jungle out there.

Oh, btw, it's WAGYU. Smile

Mad Gnome
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://madgnomes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:13 am

Thanks guys - I'm gloved up and got the wheelbarrow at the ready - WAGYU eh? Well I'd better correct that in case anyone reading it thinks I'm a peasant! Love the new chookies btw! you'll be starting a free range egg farm now? Lorraine, I think this will be our last trip for a while but over all it was lovely. We had a couple of bottles of our Limestone Coast Cab Sav last night with daughter and neighbours, and there's plenty more where that came from!
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:28 am

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad yes I was looking forward to tasting a bit of that Suspect Glad you home safe and sound cheers
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:59 am

Yeah, sorry about that - I had a lovely bottle picked out for us. I'll keep it safe until you get to Tassie for a visit because on unpacking the car we've got enough to last a year or two - and Yalumba still have to send 6 dozen - crazy man............ Rolling Eyes
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Gnome Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:41 am

There's nothing wrong with a well-stocked wine rack/cellar. Smile

Mad Gnome
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  jaxter Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:07 am

I'm glad to hear you made it back safely, Blossom - I know how overwhelming the weeds and overgrowth can be when coming back from a trip. Evil or Very Mad I'm due back from 3 weeks away in approximately 21 hours (I'm in LA airport lounge at the moment!) and I can't wait to get into the garden. I'll probably walk in the front door and straight out the back into the garden! I planted tomato seeds (in the glasshouse) before I left and hope that our friends have kept them watered. I had peas and broadbeans going when I left so it will be interesting to see how they've progressed. I can't believe how much I miss my veggie patch! Sad

I understand you're not planning to travel for a while, but hope you're still planning to come to Hobart around Christmas - I'm still planning a gardening forum get together!

jaxter

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:22 am

Hi Jaxster - hope LA is fun! I remember sitting in the airport waiting to get to Hawaai and saying lots of hail mary's to get on the right plane - busy busy place.

Yes indeed - Hobart isn't classified as travel! It's just an extension of home. We've got everything teed up - the apartment in booked from 21st December to mid January and we'll have our first none work Chrissie - unless my daughters have nervous breakdowns at having to feed the 5,000 like I've done for 50 years!

A reminder to anyone on the forum that the Hobart Hoedown is in Jaxster's garden - final date to be announced here and on GE forum. Taste of Tasmania starts soon after and of course there is the finish of the Sydney Hobart Yacht race so plenty reason to be in Hobart.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Welcome Back Blossom. Strange things have happended in the world of garden web forums while you have been travelling around. The ups and downs have shown on this forum, as i am sure you are aware. The forum that disappeared left many out in the cold and some took refuge in your loungeroom, and drank your hot chocolate while you were away. Sorry about the mess :-)
Most of the members of the forum that was, are now members of another new forum, but I am sure some of them have still made themselves comfortable here. Anyways, it's good to hear you are back home safe and sound.
cheers, Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:57 pm

Thank you Siri, my lounge room is open to anybody and all are welcome. I don't play games there though, just chat, idea swapping and companionship, hot or cold chocolate and a wine or two, a comfortable place for the grown-ups Cool Like they say in the classics - it's no skin off my nose what people do with their time. Looking forward to some dialogue - and a bit of help with the weeding!
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi Blossom, glad you're back safe and sound - missed your chat about the garden and so on. Can relate to the weeds waiting for you at home. I dont' dread the weeds so much as the bodies LOL Up here if you miss watering the vegies for a week when it's hot you're likely to lose most of it.
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:48 pm

OMG - the weeds - LOL. I think we should see some photos Blossom. Before and after! I am struggling to get through the weeds here before the last of them start to set seed. My helper man has been putting in some extra hours this week to help me get on top of it all. I think he finally understands the need for speed to just get rid of those impending seed heads.
You will need another break after the weeding is done.
Cheers, Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:23 pm

I took some 'before' shots today so will take some 'after' shots in a couple of days. Got the annual mmg tomorrow so will not do too much weeding tomorrow.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Full Moon Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:03 pm

unpacking the car we've got enough to last a year or two - and Yalumba still have to send 6 dozen

South Australia is a very dangerous place for that. Must be something in the water.

Good to see you back.

Full Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:27 am

We went to the Barossa last year. We only managed to fit 7 bottles in our little car - LOL
We had 1 bag of luggage each and were on the road for 6 days, and had to take an absolute minimum to fit it all in. I think 2 of the bottles were stashed under my seat.

Back to Work! Imgp1510
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Gnome Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:28 am

You obviously took the wrong car! Razz
Cute as it may be, it is definitely not practical for South Australia. Smile

Mad Gnome
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:00 pm

Posted pictures on my blog - after an attempt to find my onions!
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:26 am

It wouldn not have been suitable for up further north. We called in at Mount Zero on the way home, for a walk up flat rock to Mt Stapleton and the car complained about 4 km of dirt road in good condition. Next time we take my car. It was more of a challenge than anything, and great fun to drive along the great ocean road and the coorong with the top down. Blew out a lot of cobwebs.
Cheers, Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum