Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Moth Orchid

2 posters

Go down

My Moth Orchid Empty My Moth Orchid

Post  Maree Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:38 am

I was given a moth orchid last March and although lasting for ages finally the last flower fell off.

However, there came a stalk from the top and from that stalk has come and flowering two beautiful flowers with buds for three more. Nothing unusual you say, it's just that this has been through cold old Melbourne's winter in a non heated room. It must have liked the spot, which was near a north facing window and I only watered it with one tablespoon water once a week.

Wish I could post a picture, just a little busy at work at the moment, but will get onto it next week.

And Marion Smile , remember I had the old flower stalk above the new, well I never did cut it off, thought to myself..."going to let nature be". Might cut it off now as flowering has already started and nothing can put it off.

Cheers
Maree
Maree
Maree

Back to top Go down

My Moth Orchid Empty Re: My Moth Orchid

Post  meriash Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:07 am

What wonderful news, they are my favourite Orchids, but they are fussy about their climate likes and dislikes.

Good to know you found just the right place for it.
Marion
meriash
meriash
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum