Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweet Peppers (Bell Peppers)

3 posters

Go down

Sweet Peppers (Bell Peppers) Empty Sweet Peppers (Bell Peppers)

Post  Guest Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:10 am

http://www.durgan.org/ShortURL/?QWTNX 19 September 2008 Sweet Peppers (Bell Peppers)

There are four plants in the garden, planted 1 June 2008 from purchased seedlings. Some have been used during the summer, and the last were picked today, since cold weather (frost) is due any day. No bugs attacked these peppers, which is rare in my experience.

Back to top Go down

Sweet Peppers (Bell Peppers) Empty Re: Sweet Peppers (Bell Peppers)

Post  guzzigirl Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:19 am

I also like to grow these as we use them regularly and you can keep them on the plant until you need them so they are always at their freshest.
guzzigirl
guzzigirl
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:50 pm

Can't imagine my garden without them. Roast capsicum is on the menu often here. YOu can turn it into soup, add to pizza topping, salads, dip - eat it with fish or chicken or meat. I love it on bruschetta with garlic and olive oil brushed/rubbed on - the reddest, homegrown tomato squeezed into it and roast caps to top. Delicious, easy - my grandsons love it too Very Happy
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Raymondo Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:06 pm

Envious. I don't have much luck with them because the damn Queensland Fruit Fly like them more than tomatoes! This year I'm growing some in pots that I can cover entirely with netting as I'm determined not to share them!

Raymondo
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down