Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lemon Tree

5 posters

Go down

Lemon Tree Empty Lemon Tree

Post  Blossom Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:10 am

Bob just went and fertilised the lemon tree without permission affraid - is it the right time to do so Question It has some ripe lemons but isn't flowering yet. It's a Eureka. I know nothing about it, but with my luck with fruit trees and salt, at least this one is sheltered and gives us decent lemons.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Lemon Tree Empty Re: Lemon Tree

Post  guzzigirl Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:26 pm

I don't think it will hurt the tree, although it may be wasted if it gets washed away before the weather warms up enough for the tree to take advantage of it. Usually spring and autumn I believe are the best times. What did he use?
guzzigirl
guzzigirl
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  robbin Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:18 pm

My grandpa fertilized the lemon tree every day. If Nana had caught any of the fellas in the family applying liquid fertilizer to the lavatory bowl she would have given them a right telling off. Not that any of them would dare. :)
Very productive it was too.
robbin
robbin
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:44 am

My mother's Meyer lemon tree hardly gets a feed ever unless I'm there - planted in sand and about 500 m from the ocean - grass up to the trunk which is mown - has been prolific for 25 years - always seems to be fruit on it. I grew Eurekas up here in heavy clay and they were fed non stop on chook manure and had to be given every kind of supplement Rolling Eyes No grass anywhere near them - mulched to the hilt. Soil here is much better thank goodness - has all the micronutrients already there I think - they love their trace elements. And you can't give them enough organics - they swallow it whole.

I like the Eureka lemon - mine was a good bearer - would be loaded - watered it with a drip - found that the best method up here in the dry.

Hard to get to mix plant and soil and get a match sometimes - sometimes it's a match made in heaven Rolling Eyes
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:43 am

My cumquat tree is looking a bit pale as of late, and I got my friend to fert it a few weeks ago Shocked
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down