Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very quiet on the forums

3 posters

Go down

Very quiet on the forums Empty Very quiet on the forums

Post  Blossom Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:04 am

I've noticed it's very quiet on all the forums I frequent and those I lurk on. Must be winter. Or we've run out of anything to talk about. I learned today that not only did my Ike Ickeringill go to jail for his political views but his brother George was a founding member of the Chartists in Yorkshire, so that's my news. I also got a email from my niece who arrives in Australia for her honeymoon today. I'll be flying over to Melbourne next month to meet up with her and her husband. Apart from that, it's B** cold here in Tassie and I think I'll read a book today.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Very quiet on the forums Empty Re: Very quiet on the forums

Post  Fran Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:12 am

Will you write the history up?

I've just had some really sad news. A little girl I know - 6 years old and in grade 1 - had leukemia - ALL. Had an ear infection and was being treated for it but it was persistent. Anyway her other had to rush her to emergency when she developed a fever and rash . They acted quickly and she was on a drip within minutes - thought it was meningococcal of course. Her father had to find a babysitter in a hurry and rush to her side because they thought she might die. Pulled through though and had all the tests - came up with leukemia - started radiation treatment on Monday.

Her mother rang round her friends and all will write, send photos of pets and so on of course. I thought of sending a few little things she can open to divert her thoughts. She will have books and tv but these pall after awhile if you're sick. I'll be sending via the grandsons who know her too.

Any suggestions ? I just feel so sorry for the family - they were told it will take 2 years of treatment and the prognosis is good - but - poor little tyke. The good news is that she'll be back at school in 6 weeks hopefully. I don't know how long it will be between treatments though.

I've been sitting in the sun late afternoons this week and counting my blessings.
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:03 pm

If you know how long the treatment is to last, it's a great idea to make something like an Advent calender with envelopes that contain a little treat, to be opened one every day. I got one from friends when I was having radiation and got some really funny 'presents' - a packet of jelly beans, a heart, a puzzle, an angel, some beads and a needle and thread, a little book of quotes, a picture and so on........ Alternatively, Ebay sometimes have lovely little purses in chinese materials, or the $2 stores have packs of organza bags, so she could have her own "lucky dip". Also easy to make, just get multiple coloured small envelopes - half size and glue them onto a board with the days written on the outside of each, so she can pull one off and open it each day and find a message from her friends.

My Dad had a quote. " I cried because I had no shoes, then met a man who had no feet". We should count our blessing every day.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:36 pm

I was so pleased with your suggestions I rang my daughter. She said eldest grandson had already posted off a little chicken he had kept - came with an Easter egg. He made a card to go with it - drew a chook with tears LOL - he's in prep. I have some organza bags here that I was going to use on the tomatoes but they're too small - will post off to the grandsons to fill too. They would enjoy filling them up with jelly beans and so on.

Thanks Blossom - love those ideas Smile
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:15 am

Yes I have noticed all the forums I visit, which is nearly all of them Suspect , are very quiet Sleep , does not make for my day at work to go quicker when we are not busy scratch , been a few changes around the traps and I'm sure that is one reason Rolling Eyes We need a bit of life and new blood Laughing
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down