Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Gardening Plans For This Weekend

5 posters

Go down

Your Gardening Plans For This Weekend Empty Your Gardening Plans For This Weekend

Post  The Estate Fri May 02, 2008 5:34 am

I am going to re pot 2 camellias as they are looking very sick, after much consultation it would appear to be the problem Suspect did out the mini dahlias in my barrows and put them into potting mix in a foam box to finish dying back and then finally plant my pink and blue bell bulbs, pick up the doggy doos as I got caught out last night What a Face usual dead heading of the few remaining roses and if it dries up a bit a little weeding ect.....or tackle all the huge hanging baskets down the side of the house that are either ready to go to GOD as full of self sown rubbish and weed, feed and tidy up. So not much really Laughing Thank goodness the house all nice and clean Very Happy
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Your Gardening Plans For This Weekend Empty Re: Your Gardening Plans For This Weekend

Post  Blossom Fri May 02, 2008 8:58 am

We'll put Another Brick in the Wall - without Pink Floyd! Made a start in the corner today. Very complicated to make a corner in a wall - several phone calls to blokes - then in steps a person who is used to doing patchwork! Score one for Linda! We've laid 8 blocks - only 670 to go!

I'll also crop some broccoli, mini cauliflowers and dead head a few roses to relax.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Your Gardening Plans For This Weekend Empty Re: Your Gardening Plans For This Weekend

Post  siri Fri May 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Plant the 6 lavanders that I was short of in my new garden edge. This particular garden at the edge of the brick paving, had very little soil and the lavenders were struggling and a few dead. We dug them out and edged the bed with bricks on the diagonal, and back filled with fresh soil to bring the level up 6". Once planted, I will move 2 roses to that bed from down the back, put down some dynamic lifter, and mulch heavily with pea straw now that there has been good rain.
Plant the seedlings i bought for another new bed. Pansies, Poppies, mimulus, dianthus, nemesias - in front of the roses I shifted a couple of weeks back, and over the top of the daffs I planted there. Mulch the roses, feed the seedlings.
Get my pacific coast iris seeds into pots of seed raising mix. Do a bit of desultory weeding and make more future plans than I can possibly ever carry out.
Cheers, Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Fri May 02, 2008 1:47 pm

There is always something to be done, which is why I find gardening very stimulating Suspect except in the winter time, I hibernate Sleep
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Scarecrow Fri May 02, 2008 3:24 pm

We finally had some rain this week...for the first time in 4 months! So we really feel like getting out in the garden this weekend. flower

We'll start by taking down the shade cloth covers from all the veg beds, they had a nice rinse in the rain and now look white again instead of the red dust tinge they'd acquired.

I'll top up a couple more wicking beds to plant some greens in and make a couple of tubs for salad picking pots...mixtures of mesclun, beet greens, lettuces etc for cutting or picking for salad greens.

I've got some pea seedlings growing that are ready to go in soon and better find somewhere to put some broad beans seeds in before it gets too cold up here to plant them...and make room for some onions too I suppose...but that can wait a bit. scratch
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

http://scarecrowsgarden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Fri May 02, 2008 5:22 pm

-Can only do what a CEO does - command and execute operations - by proxy LOL

I have in mind some movement of dust and compostable material from the patio, transfer of stray horse pasture paddies from back yard to vegie beds, a haircut for some overgrown parsley and some harvesting of salad greens and tomatoes. I think we have to also start thinking about mulch again - maybe next week.

I'm tired already LOL
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Sat May 03, 2008 4:52 am

well sounds like everyone will be rather busy, maybe a few picks of ones achievements might be nice Smile
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Sat May 03, 2008 7:31 am

Will blog and post some pics tonight - I've just cropped our first three heads of broccoli and 2 Romanesco - now I have to hunt down Attilla the Swine - sorry - Snail - who is eating my beetroot wholesale now that we've had good rain. Snail Hunting season starts today!
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Sat May 03, 2008 8:09 am

You need a resident bluetongue - they're very partial to fresh snail Smile

Scarecrow - you reminded me about the shadecloth over our vegie beds. Questioned DH and he said the passionfruit vines were using it as a pergola and though it's not yet necessary to take the shadecloth down, being sunny Qld, it looks like we have a problem. Our passionfruit crop this year was the best ever and there's no way we want to pull them down - oh well Smile
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Sat May 03, 2008 10:23 am

Time for a rest Suspect quite a bit done, doggies doodoos on me shoes shoes Twisted Evil pruned back one huge canna, tropicana, pulled annuals out of one barrow, roses done, ......... so you can se time for rests and a drink drunken
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Sat May 03, 2008 10:46 am

I've lifted 3 x 20 kg gravel; 2 x 15 kg sand and 1 x 10 kg cement per load in buckets into the mixer at shoulder height after shovelling it into the buckets. I've done 10 loads this morning. Then, I've laid 40 x 14 kg blocks on the wall, not carried far but lifted and put down each time. Then I've filled at least 20 buckets with pebbles and lifted them to fill in behind the wall as backfill. Not so much tomorrow thank goodness the concrete is all in place.
In summary, I've lifted nearly 2000+ kg of weight from floor to shoulder height not counting the shovelling. I feel a real sense of achievement. But I am, in the politest words - knackered. Hot shower and a glass of wine sound right.
Your Gardening Plans For This Weekend Th_womanwork1845x565
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Sat May 03, 2008 11:52 am

Shocked well after lifting all of that you deserve your glass if vino , well done cheers makes my efforts seem , well you know what affraid I hope you not all stiff and sore tomorrow, I would be Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well the last 3 barrows are now filed with bulbs clown

Now relax , cook dinner and maybe a nice glass of red cherry and an early night and back into again tomorrow, need everything up todate before the new roses garden gets underway scratch
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Sun May 04, 2008 11:42 am

Well as per usual, a lot achieved and I never finished all of the planned jobs, but as a gardener would say, there is next weekend cherry I tend to get sided tracked Laughing anyway will tackle the hanging baskets next weekend Shocked a big heavy job Evil or Very Mad
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Mon May 05, 2008 3:51 am

Blossom, you are a force to be reckoned with! I go weak in the knees at the thought of all that work, and I'm guessing I'm a bit younger than you. Call me a woos if you like silent
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Mon May 05, 2008 4:15 am

I couldn't do it either - hats off to you Blossom - just looking at the pics of the work done wore me out LOL - had a look at them all on your blog.

What bulbs did you plant Thee.

I got everything done - from the sidelines Very Happy - plus some watering and drastic pruning of some herbs and scented geraniums.

DH has gone to golf today and I'm home alone with the housework - my reward for a weekend of not so hard labour LOL.
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Mon May 05, 2008 5:06 am

Pink and blue Bells, renuncs and enimies as I call them LOL, so all the barrows are now ready for winter /spring cheers Now to get the seeds going that have been sent to me, lots of hollyhocks, pink and white ones.
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down