Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buds, Buds, Buds (in among the weeds)

4 posters

Go down

Buds, Buds, Buds (in among the weeds) Empty Buds, Buds, Buds (in among the weeds)

Post  siri Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:52 am

My tiny little dwarf bearded irises are budding up like mad, and a couple have even popped their first flowers open. I didn't have the camera with me that day, but next time I will be well armed. Getting up close and personal (pulling the weeds) keeps me in touch with what is going on in the iris beds. Once I get the photo thing worked out here, I will post some of my nicest blooms.
Cheers, Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Buds, Buds, Buds (in among the weeds) Empty Re: Buds, Buds, Buds (in among the weeds)

Post  The Estate Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:00 am

Look forward to them jan, a few of mine are just getting buds now cheers
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Buds, Buds, Buds (in among the weeds) Empty Re: Buds, Buds, Buds (in among the weeds)

Post  meriash Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:25 am

looking forward to them too, Jan.

I still don't know where my post nicked off to, but am working on finding out the picture thingo too.
Marion
meriash
meriash
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:45 am

Must in a fairly recent post Jan because I'm sure I read it the other day - didn't take much notice unfortunately - was just skimming in a hurry and thought I could get back to it - then forgot of course.

The iris in my garden is becoming a weed like the soapwort - beginning to wonder what to do about it actually. I could pot some, give some away - if anyone wants some sing out. Rest might end up as compost Rolling Eyes
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:49 am

what you want to give Iris plants away affraid what sort I love you
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:25 am

Laughing - love all and any iris but I don't believe in monoculture Thee Evil or Very Mad

Can never remember the name of this one - been told more than once too. Jan might help me out again - will write it down this time. Can post a pic of it in my gallery I suppose - it's purple and rampant. Was a tiny little thing in a pot when I got it last year and when it started looking a bit crowded I took pity on it and gave it some real estate - never seen anything take off as quickly Surprised Shocked Suspect Rolling Eyes
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum