Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hairy Bikers

2 posters

Go down

Hairy Bikers Empty Hairy Bikers

Post  Blossom Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:30 pm

God knows where they got crocodile in the Namibian desert! But anyone who watched it ( I know of one or two) did you see what he put in the Gem Squash? Got lots of seeds if anyone wants some.

What I love about that show, apart from the familiarity of the accents is the fact that they COOK! I still use their quiche lorraine recipe from last season.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hairy Bikers Empty Re: Hairy Bikers

Post  Mad Gnome Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:37 am

I nearly jumped when they showed the gem squash! I still have 4 seeds or so here and will sow them later on. (They didn't survive the harsh spring nights last season.)

They filled them with Mozarella and herbs, if I remember correctly.

It also inspired me to - maybe - use some of the Golden Nuggets the same way. Our linen closet is still invaded by pumpkins.

Could you refresh my memory, please? You or Koek did mention that you can also use it just like a zucchini, wasn't it?

Edited on 30 August. I prepared a Table Queen in a similar manner last night. It was very, very nice. The Table Queen was pretty small, maybe the size of a Golden Nugget. I cut it in half, seasoned with salt & pepper, fresh rosemary and sage. Then put in some mozarella cubes. I wrapped the halves in alu foil and put them on a baking tray (with my oven-roasted rosemary potatoes). But I think it would have been alright to leave out the wrapping. I unwrapped them shortly before serving to put everything under the grill to brown.

It was the first time we had a Table Queen and I liked it. We are sooooo over pumpkin (we overdosed on pumpkin last year) and this small size was okay. I have no plans to grow pumpkins this year. Maybe a Table Queen. But that would be all.

Mad Gnome
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://madgnomes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down