Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phobia or Common Sense?

+2
Stecranat
Blossom
6 posters

Go down

Phobia or Common Sense? Empty Phobia or Common Sense?

Post  Blossom Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:15 am

Karingal's post about Monk and his phobias in the TV section made me laugh. I rarely use public toilets unless I'm caught short, use a handful of paper to open and close the taps and doors. I am sure that they NEVER clean the inside of the doors and those little twist openers have has years of unwashed hands using them. So, a couple of pieces of paper, open door, another piece - turn on tap - wash hands, another piece of paper, open door and leave. If I can I 'elbow' the door open if its a push one because the push plate is inevitably covered in finger marks. The other phobia I have is supermarket trolleys. How many hands have handled the handles? I asked in Woollies if they ever cleaned the trolleys? the reply was, why, they don't get dirty! Follow some little snotty nosed kid munching lollies and wiping their hands on the handle! I have a special way of pushing them - I use the very end of the handle or hook my fingers through the first level of wire. Oh, I could list a lot more. Maybe I am phobic! Yes, I think I am. First thing IU do when we get home is wash my hands. Yet no problem digging in the garden I don;t even wear gloves most of the time.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Phobia or Common Sense? Empty Re: Phobia or Common Sense?

Post  Stecranat Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:19 pm

Karingal ..regards the public loo door...it dawned on me a few years back that the actual cistern button is probably loaded with even more germs so now use loo paper when I press the buttons...paranoid I know...often think that the coins that we all handle & are probably worst of all...I understand fully that we are always exposed to a certain number of germs but there are certain public areas that I'm more paranoid about.
Stecranat
Stecranat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Belladonna Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:12 pm

we use anti bac hand wash when we come in from anywhere.My DH is a postie imagine the germs he comes in contact with.As for the handle of the trolley I wipe them with a nappy wipe first.
Belladonna
Belladonna
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky1 Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:05 pm

I keep that "Aqium" gel in my hand bag...... just in case I need it when I touch something not so nice... like hand rails...toilet door that are closed after I wash my hands and want to get out.
Lucky1
Lucky1
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://luckysduckfarm.blogspot.com/  http://myknittingbox.blogsp

Back to top Go down

Post  tilly Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:52 pm

My daughter's friend always sort of stands on toilet seat then somehow crouches (hope u can figure what I mean) when using public loos has done so all over the world....daughter has tried it apparently it is a clean way of using loos...when travelling you have no choice...I would try it but am to old and rickety and would probably crash onto the filthy walls and floor... Smile

I detest people serving/preparing food with long hair hanging...turns me off...

tilly
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  karingal Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:28 pm

I use the scrunched loo paper also....flush button...no touchy....I have even been known to linger a bit so that others will open the exit door in toilet blocks... I generously wave someone ahead, just so I can skip out behind them...sad isn't it? Don't get me started on filthy coins and banknotes etc....I try not to think about it.........
Blossom, I think I have the same problem.... Very Happy Very Happy
karingal
karingal
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum