Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mamma Mia - the movie

3 posters

Go down

Mamma Mia - the movie Empty Mamma Mia - the movie

Post  Blossom Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:57 am

I went to see this yesterday with my neighbour. Apart from her terrible habit of loud whispering in my ear, explaining the next scene ( she's done this through 4 films now; incorrigible), and eating all the popcorn, I have to say I found the film good fun but mildly irritating and with a better cast could have been amazing. Meryl Streep was quite brilliant, sang extremely well and was amazingly physical ( obviously very fit) and Julie Walters was her usual profession self, and the third lady was spectacularly sexy for an old tart, but the men! Pierce Brosnen was embarassingly dreadful. Playing himself and his voice was enough to send broody chooks off the lay! Colin Firth was only marginally better. The third male lead paled into nothing and played a very weak part. There were some good musical ABBA moments but the plot was very thin and built around the songs. What amused me most was the young girls in the audience, they were cracking up laughing at the middle aged women acting in very ribald ways, and I thought 'my god, these kids just have no idea what their parents and grandparents were capable of! ' Another trip in two weeks time to a women only preview of " The Painted Veil" which I'm hoping my daughter will also come to so she can sit in the middle!
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mamma Mia - the movie Empty Re: Mamma Mia - the movie

Post  tilly Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:25 am

Blossom I would have decked the neighbour or at least felt like it...I loved Mamma Mia and thought the casting was great (although the bride to be looked as though she was in junior high school)...Julie walters was my favourite......I loved the way the whole movie was cheesy etc.....it definitely is a movies for old girls..went with friend and her daughter of about 19..she enjoyed it but it was our thing..we knew the songs etc and loved the fact that they all looked there ages even the suppossedly sex bomb....

tilly
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Can't wait to see it - on in Bundy this Friday but can't go - will have to wait till I go down to my mother's next week. Disappointing that Pierce Brosnan is in it but as long as the rest are entertaining I can put up with him.
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:58 am

tilly, believe me, often I feel like decking her but she is a kind person, who is simply being herself, which can be irritating! She's suffering from empty nest syndrome at present as both her daughters left the same time and she tends to crave female company. The film: I think 'cheesy' is the right description. I would have enjoyed it if the males had been more significant but maybe there was a purpose ( not clear) in the characterisations; they certainly made the women look good!
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:14 pm

Saw it while away - loved it - so did my sister - would go see it again just for another look at that scenery. I even liked PB in it - seemed more relaxed in the part - thought the other blokes were too. But the girls were knockouts. Thought it very entertaining - a world away from the usual trash Smile
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum