Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite recipe for Meatloaf

5 posters

Go down

What is your favourite recipe for Meatloaf Empty What is your favourite recipe for Meatloaf

Post  syrah Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:25 am

Hello All

I'm just interested to see what are people's favourite recipes. There is such a wide range of these. do people use one type of meat or a combination. Do they use sauce in the meatloaf or use it as a topping?

Helen

syrah
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite recipe for Meatloaf Empty Re: What is your favourite recipe for Meatloaf

Post  Mad Gnome Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:12 am

I hate meatloaf with a passion.

Sorry, that really didn't answer your question. Hope you get some useful answers. Smile

Mad Gnome
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://madgnomes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite recipe for Meatloaf Empty Re: What is your favourite recipe for Meatloaf

Post  Blossom Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:02 pm

This is a versatile one, can be made with beef, lamb or minced chicken.

Cosmic Meatloaf ( made up from ingredients I had)

500g minced beef, lamb or chicken
1 red onion
2 cloves garlic
½ red capsicum
1 slice bread
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground fennel
½ tsp ground green chili
1 tsp chopped lemon grass
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
about a quarter of leek sliced thinly
1 tbsp hoysin sauce

Chop onion, garlic and capsicum in mixer, using chopper blade, or chop finely. Add bread and spices, then add mince, lemongrass, salt, 1 egg and hoysin sauce. Mix until well blended. Press into a loaf tin, or, with wet hands form into patties. Top with sliced leek and remaining egg, beaten. Cook loaf at 180C about 45 minutes until cooked through and leeks are crispy. ( Patties do not require another egg and leeks can be saute’d to serve separately.

Feel free to adjust spices to suit your taste.
Serves 4.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:26 pm

I just look in the fridge - instead of pork mince I will remove the casing from a good sausage and mix it together with ordinary mince. I grow my own herbs and can add whatever I have plenty of. Instead of ordinary breadcrumbs I sometimes use herb or garlic bread - or you can use rolled oats, cornflakes. The possibilities are endless. What cheese do you like - grate it in. You can grate some vegies into it or have them separate. Make a mushroom gravy with the real thing and pour over. If you have a lot or fresh ripe tomatoes chuck them in or make a fresh tomato sauce to dress it up. Mash potato, add feta and use it as a crust. What sauces do you have in the pantry - Worcestershire goes with tomatoes for instance.

These days I never make the same meatloaf twice LOL
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:19 am

LOL Franny, I never make the same thing twice Suspect
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  syrah Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:03 am

Thank you all for the recipes and hints. I'm a bit of a pot luck person too, whatever I have on hand I use. I loved Blossom's eastern style meatloaf that I will have to try.

Helen

syrah
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down