Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planning for 2009

+3
The Estate
Mad Gnome
Blossom
7 posters

Go down

Planning for 2009 Empty Planning for 2009

Post  Blossom Wed May 14, 2008 4:28 am

Anyone decided on their planting for next season yet? I'm getting enquiries for plants already. customers must be anticipating an early spring!
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Planning for 2009 Empty Re: Planning for 2009

Post  Mad Gnome Wed May 14, 2008 4:34 am

No plans whatsoever yet. I haven't even tidied up all veggie beds. Must do so in the next few weeks.
I might be looking at my seeds some time in June or July.

What are your plans?

Mad Gnome
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://madgnomes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Wed May 14, 2008 5:20 am

I reckon I'll have more volunteers than I can weed out. I will plant for orders but don't plan on planting a huge variety for myself this year. I planted 40 different ones last year so have seeds coming out of my eyeballs. I'll limit the number of varieties of plants I sell too. I must say some of the ones last year were super productive and that's what most of my buyers want, so I'll be planting for production not for anything aesthetic. I'll only have one bed for myself.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Wed May 14, 2008 9:02 am

Me , 6 diff tommy plants, caps, lettuce and cucs, just salad stuff.
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Raymondo Thu May 15, 2008 4:28 pm

I'm trying really hard to keep the numbers down, but it's very difficult. Every time I go through my seeds I find nothing but MUSTS! Perhaps I should go through my tommy seeds, take out what I want to grow, then grow what's left in the seed box. It's likely to be a smaller list that way!
I do have some definites though: Black from Tula (black), Berkley Tie Dye (striped), Break O'Day (red), Grub's Mystery Green (green), JD's Special C-Tex (purple), Rainy's Maltese (pink), Regina's Yellow (bi-colour), Valencia (orange), some dwarves for the dwarf project and a cherry or two for snacking.

Raymondo
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  Lomatia Thu May 15, 2008 5:30 pm

Quite a long list (>70) but am looking forward to some of the Wild Boar stock - the furry one and like Ray, Berkely Tie Dye.
Have done all the pics and most of the labels for my spring sale when I was crook a few weeks ago .

Lomatia

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Fri May 16, 2008 5:03 am

Lomatia wrote:Quite a long list (>70) but am looking forward to some of the Wild Boar stock - the furry one and like Ray, Berkely Tie Dye.
Have done all the pics and most of the labels for my spring sale when I was crook a few weeks ago .

I look forward to seeing lots of pics of all the great tommies you grow cheers
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Fri May 16, 2008 5:50 am

I'm still in selection phase - have to figure out how much space I have and how much manure I have to cart Very Happy

Just planted, rather DH did, brandywine to see how it goes here - Black Russian was a failure and there was a yellow pear that I didn't much like Sad

I will stick to a few - new at this.

Thee - where are going to make space - you'll have to make a rooftop garden soon or dig up the driveway Very Happy
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Fri May 16, 2008 6:19 am

No Fran, I got rid of one of my bird of para trees and have a new veggie patch cheers there is a pic on the forum somewhere ??
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Fri May 16, 2008 6:35 am

Yes but I mean you have such a crowd of wonderful plants all healthy as already and now you are branching out into vegies - you won't be satisfied with that one vegie bed - no way Very Happy
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Fri May 16, 2008 7:41 am

well my lettuce did well in my barrows last year, so can use them for that and no snails 'n' slugs either Suspect
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Fri May 16, 2008 10:35 am

I can't see further than this winter yet. Lots of trees and roses to go in, and not a lot of time to do it all.
next summer veggies? I try not to get too carried away by all the weird and wonderful things I might be able to grow. I will stick to the basics, Sweet corn, tomatoes - a good mixture, pumpkins (try a few newies maybe), blackjack zucchini, cucumber - (try and grow more than this year - I managed 2 cukes this year), beetroot, beans - again lots more of these. This year was a bit pathetic. Spring onions are another veg that I need to do better with. Eggplants because they did so well here this year - try a few new varieties.
So - yes - the basics, and a bit more effort put into it. I tend to get the summer lethargy going and give up in the hot weather.
What I AM doing is planning the beds now - one of the huge iris beds has been emptied and will be planted shortly with a mixed green manure crop. Another large no dig bed with haybale walls, will be made over the next few weeks, using up some of my chook manure and compost. Should be rotting nicely by Spring.
Cheers, Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum