Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doonas...GRRR

+2
The Estate
karingal
6 posters

Go down

Doonas...GRRR Empty Doonas...GRRR

Post  karingal Thu May 08, 2008 4:33 am

Is there a secret that I haven't heard as to how to put a doona in its cover and it stays in place??? I want the doona to stay in the corners and look neat (nice and smooth) ...am I asking the impossible?
Usually I put small safety pins in the corners ( or a stitch) ...anyone have a solution?
karingal
karingal
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Doonas...GRRR Empty Re: Doonas...GRRR

Post  The Estate Thu May 08, 2008 5:25 am

Laughing Laughing no I dont, I hate putting doonas covers on, and it is very hard to find one that fits properly as well, I have 2 main ones that fit like a glove and they stay put Twisted Evil
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  guzzigirl Thu May 08, 2008 2:27 pm

karingal wrote:Is there a secret that I haven't heard as to how to put a doona in its cover and it stays in place??? I want the doona to stay in the corners and look neat (nice and smooth) ...am I asking the impossible?
Usually I put small safety pins in the corners ( or a stitch) ...anyone have a solution?

I find it helps to have someone helping (pun not intended). then they can hold two corners while I hold the other two and then you give it all a good shake.
guzzigirl
guzzigirl
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  Stecranat Thu May 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Karingal as Guzzi said it helps to have two people when you shake it down..I too have used small safety pins in the corners...I have also noticed though that the actual feather doona is actually worse regards keeping its shape as the feathers seem to work there way down to the bottom of the doona.... Mad
Stecranat
Stecranat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Fri May 09, 2008 3:06 am

I had a feather one years ago and it did the same thing, it got tossed Evil or Very Mad
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  guzzigirl Fri May 09, 2008 8:59 am

the up-side of the feathers moving around is that you can adjust the thickness of the doona according to your needs. but you do need to shake the feathers up again regularly in cold weather.
guzzigirl
guzzigirl
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Fri May 09, 2008 10:01 am

I kepts on getting a cold back and toasted tootsies, it had to go Sleep was effecting my sleep Twisted Evil
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  karingal Fri May 09, 2008 1:19 pm

You can buy the feather doonas which have equal amount of little pockets, so the feathers are distributed evenly throughout the quilt.
karingal
karingal
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbara B Sat May 10, 2008 3:50 am

Hi,
we had feather doonas in the past but got rid of them in favour of a fairly cheap polyester version from Target that came in two pieces that velcroed together for the coldest weather. In summer you could use the lightest half in your doona cover. I still use them and like them and they're easy to wash. They have velcro tabs around their edges and when I change the doona, I press the velcro piece into the weave of the doona cover and they stay put. If the doona material isn't heavy enough, you could always stitch a piece of velcro inside the doona cover to match the piece on the doona.
Barbara B

Barbara B

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Sat May 10, 2008 4:18 am

Brilliant! We got rid of all our feather and down doonas and pillows when we discovered our granddaughter is allergic to feathers. Replaced them with poly ones - lightweight because I also have quilts on the beds. I hate that tussle with the cover changes. I've got some iron on velcro - even easier! I might just try that.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Sat May 10, 2008 4:29 am

Laughing Laughing I also had feather pillows, and they used to prick me in the head and every time I changed the cases , bloody feather everywhere, so they went as well Twisted Evil
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum