Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closing Forum

5 posters

Go down

Closing Forum Empty Closing Forum

Post  Blossom Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:21 am

With the lack of enthusiasm on the forum I am thinking it's not worth any more time and energy maintaining it. On this basis I will probably close it down next week and want to thank you who have supported it - even those who just used it as parking space. I think in general forums have done their dash with posts repeated from forum to forum and the same questions, issues and people rehashed. I had hoped to offer a place where there could be real diversity but it hasn't happened, so being the pragmatist that I am, I am quite happy to personally keep in touch with those who wish it either through private emails or through my blog and get on with my garden and other interests. On the other hand, it crosses my mind that those who, like me are on this forum lead busy lives and don't spent countless hours on forums in pseudo conversations. I'd love to offer the opportunity for any comments either positive or negative before I do the deed.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Closing Forum Empty Re: Closing Forum

Post  jaxter Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:17 am

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry to hear this! I have enjoyed this forum and now am sorry that I haven't participated with posts as much as I might have. I daily read this forum and the GE forum and follow 3 or 4 blogs regularly. It was wonderful having this forum to continue maintaining links to other gardeners while the GE forum was down and I realised how much I enjoy following posts even when I don't have anything to say myself. I also enjoyed the diversity of your forum even though I think I've only posted on the gardening part of it (and only the edible gardening at that - I am a bit one-eyed!).

I can understand and respect your decision - it must be a fair bit of work to maintain, but I do hope to you'll remain part of the gardening forum community and please let me know which forums you'll be on. I've really enjoyed meeting all the Tassie gardeners (on line and in the flesh) that I've come in contact with through this and other forums and really appreciate your generous spirit in sharing advice and seeds and cuttings! I'll certainly keep in touch by email and hope to catch up when you're in Hobbit Town over Christmas.

Wishing you absolutely all the best,
Jackie

jaxter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:57 am

I entirely agree with Jaxter's sentiments. Think perhaps there is just not enough of us yet but was popping in for a look every day too. Your forum is as valuable a resource as any other but imagine it takes up a lot of your time.

I know that posts are often repeated from forum to forum and the same questions raised but every day someone new to gardening comes along and is hoping for answers or is interested in how others do it. I still learn something every day and enjoy the photos - seeing is believing.

Don't read many blogs - haven't the time. A forum will answer my question or give me advice or point me to some. I can do a quick search for information or just have a chat - pop in or out - let's me be part of a community. A blog is more like settling down with a magazine - sometimes there's something to interest and other times not.

You're a busy woman though and have a life. Whatever you decide I wish you well and if you decide to close the forum down I will visit your blog from time to time - see what you're up to LOL

My very best wishes...Fran
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  guzzigirl Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:28 pm

Thanks for giving it a go. My husband runs a forum so I appreciate how much time it takes to administer one. Perhaps will see you at some of the others from time to time.
guzzigirl
guzzigirl
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:16 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Cosmic, and I must thank you for the time you have put into this forum. I have enjoyed participating. I haven't been round much this week because it has been hectic getting tax finalised ofr 07/08 and preparing for the Iris Society main show.
I agree totally about doubling up of topics. It seems to be widespread through the forums, with the same people making the same comments. A bti like talking weather.
I hope we will still see you round.
Take care,
Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:18 pm

And I should say, although this is a small forum, I have found it to be the nicest, friendliest forums I have participated in.
cheers, Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:02 am

Thank you all. I did try to make it nice and friendly because I hate contention, but maybe that's what some people prefer on forums. Time will tell. I'll delete the forum soon and wish you all the best. I will be posting on GE under my other name. Won't post on the resurrected forum.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down