Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

been observing the birds

Go down

been observing the birds Empty been observing the birds

Post  Fran Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:03 am

...and the kookaburras have been feeding from this ant nest. It's about half way up the trunk of this ironbark . The hole must be about about 2 inches diameter - you might be able to just make out the edge of it. They may have plans to use it as a nest although I don't know if it is big enough - will have to keep an eye on it .

been observing the birds Ant_ne10
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

been observing the birds Empty Re: been observing the birds

Post  Fran Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:34 am

And the noisy miners or squeakers as DH calls them have been busy gathering cobwebs off a mesh guard I have around a small tree here by the house. Nectar eaters and love the grevillea flowers but are quite aggressive with other birds. I hope there aren't too many babies.
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:51 am

Saw these two galahs land on the telephone wire down below the house then spin about on the wire together - 'acting the galah' I thought - then realized they were doing what comes naturally Rolling Eyes Laughing

There are a lot swooping and mucking about of an evening at the moment. Caught this chap this morning though - assume it's a male because the female has a red iris - correct me if I'm wrong. He turned his head just at the wrong moment - never mind Cool

been observing the birds Galah_10
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down