Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the ... Accident Prone Son.

+3
Fran
The Estate
robbin
7 posters

Go down

What the ... Accident Prone Son. Empty What the ... Accident Prone Son.

Post  robbin Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:40 am

A call from Ballarat Base Hospital A&E about an hour ago.

No I son put his leg through a glass door last night. Some sensory nerve damage. He's off to St Vincents by ambulance for microsurgery. Play fighting - Kick Boxing.

Drama, but not more than a reorganising of a very full schedule. Like I had nothing better to do to-day.
robbin
robbin
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

What the ... Accident Prone Son. Empty Re: What the ... Accident Prone Son.

Post  The Estate Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:50 am

affraid I hope he is alright Shocked
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:29 am

That's awful Robbin - hope it's not going to affect him playing sport or anything. Let us know how it goes when you get a minute.
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  tilly Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:32 am

Terrible Robbin...hope all is okay

tilly
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  meriash Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:50 am

Oh Robbin, I do hope he is o.k. and gets all the use into his leg.
things happen so quickly don't they. ?

Marion
meriash
meriash
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:01 am

That's bad, Robbin, I hope the repair job goes extra well and there are no ill effects in the long run.

Betty
Betty
Betty
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  robbin Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:44 am

Off to Melbourne by train. So I can be there if they discharge him tomorrow. Which they might if they get the surgery done tonight.

Cause his house keys are here and he can't go home til he has them. He was visiting us for a week, but went to Ballarat last night to catch up with mates. Urgh.

I'm more than a little pee'd off with this young man. Now I know alcohol was involved - quel surprise - I am angry cause this is a case of self inflicted wounds. And not the first time. He's usually good natured when drunk, but very clumsy. What's new?

And I was on a promise of four days help with heavy stuff in the garden. Gone like a puff of dust.

And cause I care about him, I'm also concerned about long term effects, even short terms effects on his study, etc.

So, see you all when I get back. And thanks for the kind words.
robbin
robbin
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  robbin Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:15 am

Well, all the drama's over. He's home, leg in plaster, not to put his foot in the gound for the next six weeks.

Severed the nerve to his foot, 80% severed the achilles tendon, grazed but didn't cut through the artery.

Should mend OK, but the achilles won't ever have its original strength.

How he is going to get to and from Uni, which means a tram trip each way. His tram line runs lots of the old style high trams which will be almost impossible, not to say downright dangerous, on crutches.

Oh, well, he's here for the next two weeks, then back to St Vincent's to have the stitches out and a new cast fitted. And another new cast after another two weeks.

I'm just a bit worn down right now. I was angry because alcohol leads to danger, and this injury is going to make so difficult. No work for at least 6 weeks, and probably more cause he stands all day. Uni made so much harder, and his plans to have money saved for travel this summer all messed up.

On the bright side, he got off light all things considered.

Penny.
robbin
robbin
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:57 am

I'm glad the drama is all over. Yes it will make his life hard over the next few weeks and you need to stress to him that 6 weeks means just that, not ...it feels a bit better after 3 weeks so start putting weight on it.
I hope the healing goes well and the time passes quickly. Maybe he could get one of those funny little scooters, and use his crutches to push off with?
Cheers, Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  tilly Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:45 am

robbin hope he takes it easy but doesn't wear u out to much...we had a smaller drama here this past weekend daughter came home for friends baby shower....old schoolfriends acting silly and she fell off fence... did her knee in...on crutches....just hope it gets better over next few days...apparently still wobbly...she was suppossed to go back to Sydney for work Monday but started back today...trouble is down there long way to hobble from parking station to work..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ......

tilly
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:03 pm

Scary - a very close shave by the sounds of it. Stressful for you and he's left with some permanent damage. But it's not so serious - he'll be off those crutches in no time - has youth on his side. Hope you can weather the next few weeks - good luck with it all and best wishes.
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum