Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

salad dressings

4 posters

Go down

salad dressings Empty salad dressings

Post  Fran Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:48 pm

Anyone with recipes to share - summer is nearly on us Smile

Interested in the Mexican dressing Aderezo and would love a creamy coriander dressing for cucumbers.

Here's a quick one for roasted beetroot - an orange vinaigrette. Don't know why but orange goes perfectly with beetroot. I just blend the juice of an orange with a little mustard and some good olive oil - depends how juicy the orange. I finger test Smile
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

salad dressings Empty Re: salad dressings

Post  Mad Gnome Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:45 am

I tend to be very minimalist.
Just a touch of extra-virgin olive oil, salt & pepper, lemon juice. Sometimes I add freshly chopped herbs such as parsley or chives.

Sometimes I make a yoghurt dressing. Just add lemon juice, salt & pepper and freshly chopped herbs to the yoghurt.

With extra fresh ingredients straight from the garden I don't want to muck about too much. Let the ingredients speak for themselves. That's my philosophy. Wink

Interesting thread! Hope there will be lots of interesting dressing recipes! Smile

Mad Gnome
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://madgnomes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  guzzigirl Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:00 pm

I once made a garden salad from blanched and cooled cauliflower, broccoli, beans, etc. with a creamy dressing to go with it that I found in one of my cookbooks & took it to a friend's BBQ. Best dressing I have ever tasted, even my friends other half came back for seconds and apparently he doesn't eat salads. Do you think I could find the recipe again? Sad
guzzigirl
guzzigirl
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  syrah Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:23 am

I use this one for potato salad with steamed potatoes, carrots, peas and corn- half sour cream, half mayonnaise and some grainy mustard, spring onion, salt and pepper

potato salad with steamed potatoes and shallots - balsamic vinegar, evo, dijon mustard, salt and pepper

for Margaret fultons french green salad - lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, boiled eggs - saute bacon in oil, remove bacon and add to salad, add chopped garlic to oil saute, add balsamic vinegar (a bit messy now) and dijon mustard. pour over salad - eat immediately.

syrah
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down