Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experiment

+2
Mad Gnome
Blossom
6 posters

Go down

Experiment Empty Experiment

Post  Blossom Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:19 am

I couldn't help myself. I had to plant something. So I've put 4 seeds in each pot and they will stand in a water bath while we are away. Bob the Neighbour will top them up and sprinkle the tops if they dry out. Hopefully I'll come back to at least one plant of each, maybe more.
Experiment Th_2008tomatoes
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Experiment Empty Re: Experiment

Post  Mad Gnome Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:49 am

Fascinating idea! Will be really interesting to see how that works! Smile

Mad Gnome
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://madgnomes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Raymondo Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:56 pm

Should work, barring fungal nasties, but clean mix would avoid that methinks.

Raymondo
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  Full Moon Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:39 pm

Hello boys and girls.....nice to see you all again Very Happy

I was not going to sow anything this year (yeah I know). Came back from Canada 3 weeks ago and had alot of catching up to do with everything so figured I would give it a miss this year...... Few sunny days here in Melbourne and I'm itchy

Looking at your little pots there Blossom did it.....out with the seed box!

Now, decisions, decisions,......and I thought I would avoid all this this year

Full Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:20 pm

God to see you back. I am please I've enthused you. I was going to just rely on volunteers this year, then I decided to grow a few favourites for seed, then the new regulations came in so I'm having a seed grow out. If this system doesn't work, I'll plant in late October which will be a big delay, but I think we should keep our seed banks replenished. cheers
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raymondo Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:11 pm

Welcome back Full Moon. What a silly notion, to not grow tomatoes! Glad you got over that one quickly.

Raymondo
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Gnome Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:37 am

Hey, Full Moon! Glad to see you here. We were talking about you last night. Wondering how it's going, etc.

Happy to hear you are growing tomatoes. How does that actually work - NOT growing tomatoes? Strange concept.
Let us know what you will be growing. Smile

Mad Gnome
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://madgnomes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lomatia Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Full Moon, for a moment I thought that you had lost it. ( I do have some spare freebie seedlings!!)

Lomatia

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:51 am

Bob the Neighbour was horrified and I have to say, I wasn't happy as the growing medium was wet wet wet. Since Bob has time on his hands he has volunteered to water when necessary and so we've discarded the 'bath' and they will get a shower instead. I feel happier especially about some of the ones that were on their last seed supply. There is nothing as valuable as good neighbours. We had dinner last night with one set, Bob is looking after the chooks and seeds and the other set will check security while we are away. See you all in 6 weeks time or maybe if I get to log in along the way.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Full Moon Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:02 am

Me thinks Bob is going to deserve one of your Indian dinner extravaganza when you come back Very Happy
Have fun and enjoy, it's only 6 weeks.....you get the other 46! small price to pay.

Lomatia, I was thinking of buying some chillies & caps from you....it's a bit late to start them. Might even get the tommies. Are you having your sale this year? Any chillies? Caps? Would I be pushing my luck with Eggys? I would be more than happy to pay for them

Full Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:05 pm

How did your seedlings go Blossom? I once went for a long trip (3 weeks) and filled the bath with pot plants, sitting on thick layers of wet newsprint. Worked a treat. I think it was the one and only time I ever looked after my pot plants.
Cheers, Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:27 pm

Only 8 of the 40 varieties didn't germinate, some have only one plant and a few gave me multiple plants. So today I've replanted the ones that didn't thrive - only ran our of "Crete" so no more of that one, but still had seeds of the others. I also planted extras of the sole germinations. While I was away I was getting phone orders from last year's plant buyers so have to have a few in hand. I do think they got a bit too wet in the beginning and the neighbour just continued to water them, so the ones that didn't survive must have damped off.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:29 pm

How big are they now? Sounds like they did very well for you, considering all the watering.
I potted my tinies out today. I never seen to get started soon enough. I think I will by a bottom heat thingy for next year. Maybe start them in April - LOL
Cheers, Jan.
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum