Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lavander seedlings

4 posters

Go down

Lavander seedlings Empty Lavander seedlings

Post  siri Sun May 18, 2008 1:41 pm

I'm an opportunist. I trimmed my lavander hedge a few weeks ago. When I put the trimmings on the compost heap, there were a heap of seeds at the bottom of the barrow. About a 1/2 cupfull all up. I gathered them up loose in my hand, and spotted a white polyfoam box with old potting soil in it, and some weeds. I quickly pulled out the weeds with my free hand, and poured the seeds onto the soil.
Well - today I see lots of little tiny seedlings coming up. I have my fingers crossed that they are lavanders, and not dandelions. I could happily house a couple of hundred little lavander plants sunny
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Lavander seedlings Empty Re: Lavander seedlings

Post  The Estate Sun May 18, 2008 2:28 pm

Wow, never tried that, might give it a go, my seed heads of marigilds are now popping up in the veggie patch, just hope it don't get too cold over winter No
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Sun May 18, 2008 3:39 pm

I'd be interested in how the lavender fares. I have a pretty little pink variety, it would be lovely as a pot plant, but I've only ever had sparse success with cuttings, never seed. Might give it a try when get around to pruning them.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Mon May 19, 2008 12:13 pm

I took some cuttings of an old plant - dentata - and had mixed success. Struck a few but they didn't survive - only got to plant two in the ground and someone stepped on one. The other got more than enough to drink to start with - rained at the time - and has been left alone since - will survive by the looks but I was hoping to cover a small bank in front of a climbing rose with all those cuttings so was disappointed.

Will try the seeds next time round - thanks for the suggestion Jan sunny
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum