Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Cosmic Connections Forums

+16
Maree
siri
Raymondo
lorraine
Fran
me2u
Stecranat
Mad Gnome
Chookasmum
Scarecrow
The Estate
guzzigirl
Belladonna
Lucky1
veg gardener
Blossom
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome to  Cosmic Connections Forums Empty Welcome to Cosmic Connections Forums

Post  Blossom Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:24 pm

We expect this forum to cover a wide range of interests all under the one roof. If you have recently subscribed you are very welcome. Do feel free to tell us a bit about yourself and your life connections. If there is a category you would like us to include please suggest it. As the forum grows we may be able to form interest groups and a chat room. For now, just make yourself at home.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Welcome to  Cosmic Connections Forums Empty Re: Welcome to Cosmic Connections Forums

Post  veg gardener Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:03 pm

thank you i have a few suggestions i would be happy to put them foward but cant find where to put them.

veg gardener

http://veggardeners.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Welcome to  Cosmic Connections Forums Empty Re: Welcome to Cosmic Connections Forums

Post  Lucky1 Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:10 pm

Hello there Veg Gardener Very Happy I see you found the brainstorming link above this link alien

Nice to see you here.
Lucky1
Lucky1
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://luckysduckfarm.blogspot.com/  http://myknittingbox.blogsp

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:59 pm

Veg - just put them in the Brainstorming section.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Belladonna Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi I am Belladonna I live in S.A and work as an Personal Care Attendant in an Aged Care Facility.Between us my DH and I have 4 girls, he has 2 ,I have 1, and we have one together.We are also grandparents to a delightful giggler who is 2.
I enjoy gardening, embroidery,scrap booking, stamp crafts and any crafts really.I am one of a large family and my father was one of 14.So I guess family is a major part in our lives.
I love to go on picnics and we sometimes pull out a map of S.A. stick a pin in it and off we go for the day.I like to look in town cemetaries ,I find them interesting.I also like antiquing so trips in other places are interesting.My children think I am weird.
Belladonna
Belladonna
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky1 Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:17 am

Hi Bella Very Happy

I think most folks know me now....but for those who don't.

I have 2 adult children, daughter is 22 lives home still and a son 20 who moved out last August.

I am a carer for my hubby and I stay home to do this.

Love gardening and I have a FAB TAB of a organic vegie garden. What a Face
Knitting is my inside stress release. cyclops

bounce bounce Oh yeah some strange words and their meanings for you.....

Homestead......... my place
paddocks....... surrounding burbs
stupidmarket....... well the less said the better clown
gang..... my ducks
FAB TAB...... having a good day
FABER TABBER..... the best time
Spell funny......that is del-lib-er-rate-LOL
Think thats about it...... cat

I am full of energy Razz Love to encourage people in what they are doing in life.
Love life and love to help people....... welcome to my world.
Lucky1
Lucky1
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  guzzigirl Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:26 am

you forgot Luckyland = Adelaide area Laughing
guzzigirl
guzzigirl
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky1 Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:30 am

guzzigirl wrote:you forgot Luckyland = Adelaide area Laughing

Oh yeah I did too. Laughing

Also "ELF"

That is my hubby Mr.L....... This came about on another forum and I was in my "Lord of the Rings" faze and said I had the hots for the elf...... who happens to be a Mr. Leggo fella.... and someone cracked a joke about Mr.L having the same letter.... the rest is history sunny
Lucky1
Lucky1
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  guzzigirl Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:36 am

Hi I'm Guzzigirl.

After my husband and 3 adult kids (2 still living at home) the loves of my life are my Motoguzzi 850T (currently undergoing restoration) and practicing to be self sufficient in my back yard. I have a couple of vege patches, some bantam chooks (currently 10) and 4 ducks. Other animals that share our life are 2 galahs, 2 guinea pigs, 2 quail, 1 cat, 2 rats and a frog. I am otherwise employed 4 days a week.

Although nowhere near being self sufficient yet I one day hope to own a bit of land and not have to work elsewhere, and then I will try to be as self sufficient as possible.
guzzigirl
guzzigirl
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:51 am

Most people call me Thee, single Mum, one 16 year old son, 2 dogs , 1 cat, 2 galahs, and 1 goldfish, others all went to GOD Suspect I work 5 and a half days a week and just love my garden, love to collect old junk and fix things up clown
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Scarecrow Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:53 am

The Estate wrote:Most people call me Thee, single Mum, one 16 year old son, 2 dogs , 1 cat, 2 galahs, and 1 goldfish, others all went to GOD Suspect I work 5 and a half days a week and just love my garden, love to collect old junk and fix things up clown

Hi Thee and anyone else that I don't already know from else where. Razz
Nice to meet you...I'd better get one of these intro thingy's done soon too Embarassed
...I'm supposed to be study ing

Which state you from???
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

http://scarecrowsgarden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scarecrow Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:13 am

Doc and I have just turned fifty and now just work a couple of hours a day to earn enough to pay the bills.
We worked and travelled our way through the Eastern States for a few years but with the kids approaching high school and aging parents decided to settle back in SA.
We moved to our present home around Xmas of 1993.
A beautiful solid stone cottage on half an acre 2 1/2 house blocks in a reasonable sized rural township in the Mid North of SA.

The kids enjoyed their time at school here but as is often the case in rural towns upon leaving school also left the town. We communicate with them via email and phone and see them whenever we can.

We try to grow most of our fruit and vegetables and many herbs. Share our lives now with the Golden Kelpie - Lucky Dog, the Black Ninja cat, 14 mixed (breed and age) chooks, an ever increasing population of goldfish in one of our ponds, local fish in the others, lots of native birdlife, and all the lizards and bugs and things that live in the garden.
Ours is an almost arid zone now with extremes of temperature from 45C+ in summer to -8C frosts in winter and average rainfall of about 300mm.
I'm presently studying Permaculture via correspondence (net) and as a result have a bit of re-organisation to do in the garden to get everything working in tune with each other. More work for Doc. Wink

To find out more about just what we do check out our blogs:
Scarecrow's Garden and
The Frugal World of Doc
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

http://scarecrowsgarden.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:19 am

I'm from Melb. will do my avatar ect... this w/e drunken
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Welcome to  Cosmic Connections Forums Empty welcome to Cosmic Connections forums

Post  Chookasmum Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:36 am

Hi all,
I guess I had better tell a little about myself,
I am married 38 years in May, have 6 adult children, 3 boys and 3 girls, 5 of whom are married, we now have 15 grandchildren aged between 7 years and 2 weeks, all my children have moved out of home, 3 live in town, 1 in Sydney, 1 in Perth, and 1 on the Sunshine Coast. so they are pretty scattered.
We had to completely restart our lives back in 1997 starting from scratch, still building our home,establishing gardens, trying to get the bigs things done before Hubby retires in 4years.
I have a wonderful organic garden, we grow our own lambs and have 3 cows, will buy a milking cow when retirement time comes.
I love to the patchwork and quilting, embroidery/stitchery, reading, preserving, cooking, but especially love time spent with my family. Very Happy Very Happy

Chookasmum

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:44 am

Lovely to see you here Chooksamum. Seems like you have a wide variety of activities, so we look forward to your participation. Make the forum your own!
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Gnome Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:46 am

Most of you know me under a different user name. I'm sure you have already guessed it anyway.

I live with my partner in the Adelaide Hills, try to grow as many veggies as possible to avoid trips to the fruit & veg shop or the farmers' market. Same with fruit - but we have to enclose our orchard now as these thieving rats with wings get to our fruit before us. Yet another project to keep us off the streets.

We have our office at home and can therefore sneak out when we have a spare minute.

Our garden is still a work in progress and it keeps changing with every season/year.

Mad Gnome
Big Bopper!
Big Bopper!

http://madgnomes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Stecranat Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:37 am

Welcome Mad Gnome hope you enjoy the forum.
Stecranat
Stecranat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Welcome to  Cosmic Connections Forums Empty Intro to me2u

Post  me2u Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:55 am

Hi all,
I am a retired old fart living in Brisbane I am a bit of a novice to the garden stuff but am learning more all the time
we live on a 650 sq mtr town block with a modest vege garden (no dig ) we just had 5 inches of rain glorious over 48 hours which made the ground soft enough for me to turn a few sods for the better half's flower patch in the front yard.
Thank you blossom for the guides much appreciated.
Cheers J Cool

me2u

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:00 am

Hi me2U, do I know you confused
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi Everyone Smile - so glad Brisbane got some decent rain at last Me2u. We got just a little more up this way- round Bundaberg - overdue and welcome up this way too.
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  lorraine Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:55 pm

hi I think most people know me as well, glad to be here
we (my husband and me) have 5 acres , but only one of those is a garden ,300 plus roses and our foxy lady ,two love birds and four cows and a calf
lots of fruit trees plus a big vege garden
lorraine
lorraine
lorraine
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:03 am

flower Hiya Rainy, good to see you here cherry
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  lorraine Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:24 am

thanks thee sunny
lorraine
lorraine
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:36 am

Very pleased to have you, rainy and to hearing all about your going on. WE have lots of different sections apart from gardening, as we like to call it a lifestyle rather than a specific forum so that means if there's any particular things that interest you, we can simply create a forum to suit. Enjoy yourself and feel at home.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stecranat Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi Rainy...am sure you will enjoy "Cosmic Connections"...
Stecranat
Stecranat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next