Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

autumn colour

3 posters

Go down

autumn colour Empty autumn colour

Post  Fran Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:16 am

Winter is coming - can feel it in the air but the garden still looks its summery best and this is subtropical Queensland.

I can see from my office window the bougainvillea out front with curtains of hot bright colour against the blue hills, and on the front patio where the sun keeps us warm as toast through the winter, the ivy geraniums and roses are showing off in their terracotta pots.

From another window I can take delight in the clumps of purple salvia, zinnias with miniature golden bright heads, yellow flowering tarragon, blue plumbago and dainty erigeron spills over pots and edging.

Everywhere there is pink - in every hue - roses, mandevilla which flowers all year, petunias and pentas.

And vines - still flowering quis qualis, clerodendrum, thunbergia - probably others I can't see from the house.

The magic of colour and the effects you can create are endlessly captivating.

So what is still flowering at your place Smile
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

autumn colour Empty Re: autumn colour

Post  The Estate Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:54 am

I still have lots of colour, a few roses still going, ivy geraniums, daisies, fuchsias, begonias still going, dahlias, lots of things, and of course danylions if I forget to weed them sunny OUt my little window at work, a green shipping container Razz
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Thu May 01, 2008 1:47 pm

Winter is here in cold and drizzly Vic today. The weather chart says no rain, and the sky says rain, and the dogs say "yay we can stay inside today"
The leaf colour was brief this year, and much has already fallen, due to drought stress.
Cheers, jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down