Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

me and telstra - the connection

4 posters

Go down

me and telstra - the connection Empty me and telstra - the connection

Post  Fran Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:04 am

It is almost May - 4 months since Christmas when my dialup connection began getting the hiccups. Little did I know then but these were merely the symptom of an advanced terminal disease to which my copper cable eventually succumbed. By March my dialup service and landline had given up the ghost and lay dead. I did not mourn. I did however ask Telstra's customer service personnel to reconnect me to the outside world, many of whom are intimately acquainted with it as they live there. And you would be right if you guessed it wasn’t the first time I had done so. Two or three weeks later - who’s counting - we were given a temporary line which was strung across our driveway and down 2 ks of fencing to the front of our property.

While I was waiting for a more permanent solution, for the year was passing by and soon it would be 2009, I went to town to buy a wireless modem. I installed it myself and I’m back on the internet. I’m not, however, on the phone as the temporary line could not cope with the many inquisitive creatures that live here, especially those of the equine variety. I had thrown away my CDMA which was in perfect working order because it didn’t run on copper, but was able to ring India via my brand new and very expensive 3G mobile.

Now by this time it had occurred to me that Telstra customer service came without complete instructions and so I was much struck by the immediate attention and redirection of phone calls through my mobile. It was due no doubt to my SOS to the Federal Member of my electorate. And long may he reign. Today a technician came to fix the temporary line and I have a landline service. He looked quite haggard, doing the work of two men I shouldn’t imagine, and probably won’t get a Christmas bonus as big as Sol’s either even though I have been doing my best to provide. He is only what they call minor repair crew though. Major repair crews are under contract to avoid public appearances.

And that brings me to a comment my DH made this morning - and I beg your indulgence for his language - “beats me why Testra doesn’t tell us all to b….. off and be done with it.”

But then, and I told him, we would be dealing with Optus.
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

me and telstra - the connection Empty Re: me and telstra - the connection

Post  Stecranat Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:19 pm

But then, and I told him, we would be dealing with Optus.

Well said Fran I was thinking as I read your post..they are all the same..reminds me of a man who told me the story he was having problems with Optus...numerous phonecalls...waiting forever etc ..then he decided to ring Optus Sales...answered immediatley..very helpful.. etc etc..until he told them what he thought!!

Actually I sent an email to Telecommunications Ombudsman a few months back concerning my problems with Optus on another matter .... noticed this month that Optus gave me a "Goodwill Credit" of $49 ..but not before I lost my cool & really had some very direct things to say to Optus representaive (did explain to them that I was not having a go at them personally BUT did insist they passed my feelings on to her superiors!!! (did also tell them I had officially complained to the Ombudsman).
Stecranat
Stecranat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:42 pm

LOL, I have been with Optus for years, now when I want a good deal, I go straight to the disconnection area, get put thru tp a supa, and get a discount of $20 of mt b/b LOLruns out in a few months and will do the same thing, if not will change LOL, never use my home email for much anyway and can always tell your friends your new addy jocolor
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Fri May 02, 2008 6:16 am

They give out goodwill credits Surprised - news to me - keeping it confidential are they. Didn't know they had a shared sense of destiny with Australians.

Must be linked to that confidential consultancy report into inaccuracies in billing data, the phase out of digital and CDMA networks, mobile phone black spots, permanent faults and service difficulties, and other diverse matters related to telecommunications in Oz.

As for ringing disconnections Thee - If I got through I'd be too startled to proceed Rolling Eyes
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  The Estate Fri May 02, 2008 7:14 am

affraid had 2 telstra blokes on the doorstep last night, yes they always come when trying to have dinner, anyways I let them rant and rave of how much they could offer and they went away empty handed LOL, I said fine, it is a great deal, where do I sign, however will not sign a locked in contract, LOL, they left after I led em up the garden path for 1/2 an hour, want to waste my time, well works the other way too Twisted Evil
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Belladonna Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm

I sent an electricity company on their way the other day,answered the door after lunch while I was still recovering from the tummy bug.(so I looked really good clown ) unfortunately 2year old chose that moment to go red and parp, followed by the hugest vomit."Not now!" say I,"not now" says him as he walks away dejectedly.Don't think I want a repeat performance though eeewww. No
Belladonna
Belladonna
Busy Bee
Busy Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum