Cosmic Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Siri

5 posters

Go down

Hi from Siri Empty Hi from Siri

Post  siri Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:47 am

A few of you will already know me from elsewhere on the net. I'm the one who grows and tells all about irises. I write regularly fro the Victorian iris society newsletter, on all facets of growing and hybridising. I am also a keen general gardener, grow a lot of roses, fruit trees, vegies, etc. I have almost 3 acres of garden, which I am constantly working on.
Cheers, Siri
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Hi from Siri Empty Re: Hi from Siri

Post  The Estate Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:58 am

Welcome Siri, very clever backward spelling there clown , it is good here and hopefully will get busier as new members join flower
The Estate
The Estate
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fran Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:55 am

Glad to see you both here Smile
Fran
Fran
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:25 am

Hi Siri - good to have you here. If there's a forum you'd like to see, let me know and I'll include it. I'm also going to be putting a photo gallery up soon as I figure it out, so you will be able to post some of your lovely iris photos in your own album. Am working on it should be available soon.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stecranat Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi Siri..good to see you here & look forward to reading up any iris info that you post. Very Happy
Stecranat
Stecranat
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  siri Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:12 am

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm starting to get the hang of things here. Still have to work out how to post a photo but I'll get there.
Cheers, Jan
siri
siri
Cosmic Traveller!
Cosmic Traveller!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blossom Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:17 am

Photos have to be housed on photobucket or similar before being uploaded. If you look at the icons, you'll see two, one has an extra little thingie on it. This is a similar place to photobucket but exclusive to people using this style of forum. I haven't tried it so can't say how good it is as I use photobucket. I might give it a shot some time. Click on the picture icon to the right of that and a little box appears. Paste your img code link there and click OK and the text appears in your post. I leave a line space between written text and the picture as it tend to wrap around. I've also noticed that when the code has the img/and already coded in, I need to delete the first img and last img from the code otherwise the picture appears with img each side of it.

Making thumbnails in photobucket is easy if you prefer to use thumbnails. On photobucket check the check box just below the photo then scroll to the bottom of the page where it says 'Generate html and image code'. Click this and a table of texts for different purposes appears. The 3rd one down is the code to use for message boards.
Blossom
Blossom
Admin

https://cosmicconnection.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down